608 W Second Ave
Spokane, WA 99201
Architect Alfred Jones designed this building in 1906. The rooms have advertised under a succession of names. The upper floors opened as the Summit Hotel in 1907, but by 1915 it had been named the Tiona Apartments. In 1924 the name changed again, to the Leonard Apartments. By 1939, the name had changed again, to the LaRose Apartments, and again by 1949 to the Denny Apartments. This name remained through the 1950s. Overall, this building exhibits excellent integrity of its original brick exterior. Original wood sash double-hung windows have, however, all been replaced with modern double-hung units.